Position: Full Time, Monday – Friday 8-5
Level/Salary Range: DOE
Our Accounting Services department is experiencing tremendous growth, so we are excited to be adding this new position in our expanding Puyallup office! Do you enjoy customer service and teamwork? Do you have experience with bookkeeping and accounting-related functions? Are you naturally detail-oriented and good with numbers? Do you have a passion for getting things done quickly and accurately? If so, we would like to speak with you!
Hauser Jones & Sas, PLLC is a full-service CPA firm with two offices located in Bellevue and Puyallup, WA. The firm specializes in serving small to medium businesses, high-net worth individuals, banks, and credit unions throughout Puget Sound and surrounding states. Our goal is to balance our personal lives with a rich and rewarding professional career that provides challenge and opportunity. Our vision is to double the size of our firm over the next 7 years, so we need talented professionals to help us achieve our growth goals while providing superior client service.
- Assist the Account Managers with bookkeeping tasks such as general QuickBooks data entry, bank reconciliations, and payroll processing, including detailed organization and categorization of client documents.
- Assist with client contact and relations, including setting up appointments and answering client phone calls and emails.
- File Department of Revenue returns based on company structure.
- Process and file payroll quarterlies, including LnI, ESD, 941s and 940s.
- Assist with W-2/W-3 and 1099 year end processing within QuickBooks and other software.
- Prepare mailings including tax organizers, tax return assembly and marketing materials.
- Assist with other general office duties as requested, including running errands, greeting clients, tidying the office, ensuring the office is opened and closed, digitizing client files, scanning, and various other projects as requested by other staff members.
- Be flexible and proactive by requesting projects or identifying needs of the firm.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma/GED or higher. Secondary education preferred
- Prior accounting experience or education required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar position
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and QuickBooks required
- Experience with ProFx Tax, CCH Practice Management, and Checkpoint a plus
- Comfortability with technology and an aptitude for learning multiple new software programs as needed to serve clients
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Able to be flexible with rotating priorities and multiple due dates
Must be comfortable with multi-tasking, working with all firm staff to achieve a high-level of client service and responsiveness to project timelines and firm objectives. Attention to customer service should be a natural and enjoyable personality trait for the successful candidate. Some travel to client offices will be required. Occasional overtime and Saturdays can be expected during busy seasons.
Position to start immediately. Posting expires when filled.
IF INTERESTED: Send a cover letter (message box) and resume (attachment) to Anna using the form below. Position to start immediately and expires when filled. No phone calls please.